RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

2012 Essentials and RocketRAID 2680

SanFranSpurs

Has anyone tried to get a Rocket RAID 2680 card on essentials 2012 working.

I see there are no drivers yet from Highpoint. I've tried some of the old ones and they don't seem to work. Just wanted to make sure it was not me.

cheers

Steve

Has anyone tried to get a Rocket RAID 2680 card on essentials 2012 working.

I see there are no drivers yet from Highpoint. I've tried some of the old ones and they don't seem to work. Just wanted to make sure it was not me.

cheers

Steve

A little late to game but yes, it works fine with essentials and 2012.

on a related topic - I have a Rocket Raid 2680 in my WHS2011 box - working fine with W7 drivers for about a year - with 1 exception

the webbased management tool doesnt work with the IE built into WHS2011.

works fine with the Chrome Browser however.

I hesitate to mess with the IE Internet security settings as I really do want my WHS 2011 to be locked down - I do remote access

Have any others had this problem ?

@Al, where you using "localhost" for the name? If so, that would likely be the issue. IE is really stupid about localhost.

on a related topic - I have a Rocket Raid 2680 in my WHS2011 box - working fine with W7 drivers for about a year - with 1 exception

I hesitate to mess with the IE Internet security settings as I really do want my WHS 2011 to be locked down - I do remote access

Have not had the issue but many have and using chrome is the easiest work around if you do not want to change IE settings. Chrome handles the localhost differently.

I've been using localhost with IE since day one with no problems. After reading the above I tried the Highpoint software and now it doesn't work. I just used it less than a month ago. Any ideas why it suddenly quit (security update maybe)?

If I don't want to install chrome, what is the workaround for IE?

I had this issue with Server 2012 and IE10 as well. It seems that IE10 is so tightly locked down to not allow access to self-signed certificates, i.e., the High Point local site, so the only workaround for me was to install Chrome. Or at least, this is the problem as I saw it.