RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Thanks for this forum

Eric Renderking Fisk

Hey, it's Eric Renderking Fisk from The Fedora Chronicles and I've been working on my own home networking and server system. I'm in the process of revamping my old Gateway 7210 server adding 80 Pin SCSI hard drives in the remaining hot swap bays.

I used to be a huge fan of Gateway back in the late 1990's and Early 2000's but I've become one of their biggest critics.

I'm also a graphic designer and I'm always fascinated by all the latest and greatest tools, but when it all boils down I just want to know how this technology is going to work for me and make my work either easier or better.

Thanks for this awesome forum. Can't wait to dive right in.

Thanks, Ikon - I'm in the middle of catching up on homework (I'm a 43 year old man still doing homework? I'm working on my 3rd Degree) while reading these thread and I'm getting quite an education.

Congrats to both of you for being willing to go back to school. I have a chemical engineering degree and about two years after graduating my employer wanted to pay my way to get an MBA at Stanford. The last thing I wanted to do is go back to school and told them no. Sometimes I wish I would have said yes.

I thought about going for a Masters in my mid 50's a couple of years ago, then common sense took over. God bless all of you of have the patience to go back and accomplish this.

Yes that would be hard. And I think my career is evidence that the degree just gets you in the door. It is the individual that makes the difference once inside the door.

Very true. We used to get a lot of MS tech course grads applying for jobs. Most of them had no idea what they were doing; they just memorised what they needed to pass the test. We had a nickname for them; we called them 'paper trained' :)