RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Hanzoy

Antivirus software for Server 2012 Essentials

jmwills

Probably afraid of getting sued by the EU again. Tell us again, how that browser selection thingy is working for the Euro's?

ikon

Last I heard it was a roaring success............... NOT! :D

Hanzoy

Forefront Client Security fails when you try to update it through windows update, installs fine but can't update it.

diehard

Forefront Client Security fails when you try to update it through windows update, installs fine but can't update it.

I think Tinkertry addresses that issue on his blog post.

ikon

I think Tinkertry addresses that issue on his blog post.

I concur. One thing for sure, several people have got it running, so it is do-able.

Hanzoy

I concur. One thing for sure, several people have got it running, so it is do-able.

I have had no problem installing and updating through windows update on both WHS 2011 and SBS 2011. But Windows update comes with an error when I try to update it on my 2012 Essentials. I know that a lot of people have it installed on WHS 2011 and SBS 2011, but anyone who have had any luck installing and updating it on 2012 Essentials?

Read thru message #50 http://homeserversho...__40#entry29806

that will do it but it will help to read the other posting in that thread.

Will take a look at it :)

ikon

When I say 'running' I also mean updating. An AV product without update can hardly call itself an AV product, can it? :D

Drashna Jaelre

well, IIRC, Server 2012 in general ships with Windows Defender. Which is a decent last resort anti-malware. As for ForeFront... it's now part of System Center Endpoint Protection. Which both the 2007 and 2012 versions do at least install on WHS2011/SBS2011E... but as for Server 2012, I don't know, and haven't looked.

tinkererguy

Microsoft's overview page:

Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection (previously known as Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010)

www.microsoft.com/fep

Preliminary tests:

System Center Endpoint Protection installed easily:

Using MSDN membership, downloaded

System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection with Service Pack 1 (x86 and x64) - DVD (Chinese-Simplified, English, French, German, Japanese, and Russian)

mu_system_center_2012_configuration_manager_and_endpoint_protection_with_sp1_x86_x64_dvd_1360357.iso

Then used the SCEPInstall.exe in the ISO file's /CLIENT directory, to install on the final Windows Server 2012 Essentials release candidate (beta), went fine, but wouldn't update (error pictured below):

http://db.tt/0t6VvZs9

Even worse on the final release, won't even install, seen below:

http://db.tt/ODUZzmr9