Greg Welch

Windows Server 2012 Essentials RTM

Drashna Jaelre

Definitely is. And I think it speaks volumes for HyperV. That, and it's a *lot* more forgiving about what hardware you have, than ESX is.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Definitely is. And I think it speaks volumes for HyperV. That, and it's a *lot* more forgiving about what hardware you have, than ESX is.

What I find most incredible is that they will begin the transition in December; not even waiting for a service pack. They are part of Microsofts early adopters program and have been using it for domain controllers and a few other strategically selected installs without any problems so they have confidence in it. I don't recall all the details but I want to say they will be doing it over six weeks.

Part of their project includes upgrading a lot of hardware and that is part of the reason they are transitioning. He has not said anything negative about it.

I will be moving our domain controllers at work to s2012 as well. With its new functionality to clone domain controllers it should be great. We only have six sites with them so not nearly as large a project for me.

• Like 1