RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Power Pack 3

analog

Uninstalled PP3 beta and then forced the update.

After the server restart, all the clients have a red server icon and a left double click starts the connector update on that computer.

Hopefully this connector update works on my work laptop. For some reason, I could never get the last one to do so. If it was my personal laptop, I'd feel bad if it hadn't been backed up in 2 months.

Got a blinking blue server health light for about 40 minutes now after installing PP3 on an EX-495...

Should I reboot????????

Rensul

Ok - dumb move on my part. I had started a server backup about 12 hrs ago (120Gb of music) to a USB drive) and it hadn't finished although I assumed it did when I initiated the PP3 install. The install just hung during reboot. When I removed the USB drive that was used for the server backup and forced a reboot, the server came back to life with the previous OS install.

Rensul

So what time does your WHS say it is?

The release notes for PP3 @ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f219dd13-3d9a-4506-8be2-fbcc4e195415&displaylang=en have an interesting comment:

Setup
The following is a known issue with Setup:
After Windows Home Server Setup completes, the default time zone is set to GMT -08:00 Pacific Time (US & Canada). To change this, open the Console, click Settings, and on the General page click Change under Date & Time.

So check the time on your WHS after the PP3 update..

Sure enough, time zone was reset.

I didn't even notice the time as I was busy relinking my Recorded TV files for streaming. I lost the TV links when I installed the Media Center Connector (Windows 7 Ultimate) but the Movies files remained linked. It is possible that the PP3 beta uninstall had something to do with the lost file links.

"My time was right here. Did you manually run the update, or through the "update now" in the console?"

I used the Update Now console button.