RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Go Phone SIM Cards

kylejwx

Can any one provide experience/advice on using an ATT Go phone sim card with an ATT smartphone?

I am going to be getting my hands on a Samsung Focus S Windows Phone 7 and would like to try it out temporarily. I have heard of issues with sim cards being locked if they are not activated on the proper device. I have also heard that ATT will shut down your service if they realize you are using a smart phone with a go phone plan because they want you to pay the full price rate plan. I am looking at the $25 plan for 250 minutes and unlimited texting.

I will post an update about my experience with Windows Phone!

http://www.straighttalk.com/

Don't waste your time with go-phone. Buy a Straightalk sim card, slap it in you ATT phone and all is good. just make sure you order a sim card that is for the ATT network. ST (straightalk) uses the same network as the go-phone so your coverage is the same. We used out iphone 4's on ST for a while. Worked just fine. We ended up going back to regular post paid status because pre-paid gets lower tower priority causing us to experience slower data speeds during peak usage.

You can also look into H2O wireless, they as well as ST are ATT MVNO's (mobile virtual network operators). But I believe ST is cheaper, well at least if you want unlimited data.

Edited by jeffla

Agreed....StraightTalk is the way to go. Just bought my wife an unlocked Samsung Note and went to ST....love it. Prepay for 12 months and get one month free.