RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remote Web Site and VPN tunnel working yesterday, offline today...

SolidSonicTH

This has been a problem I've had before but I never asked about it.

Basically I was able to connect to the Remote Access Website and connect to my VPN tunnel yesterday but today, both those things are inaccessible (website connections time out and my VPN reports it's not there).

If I try to auto-configure the server (I still am able to use Live Mesh's remote desktop), it says that Port Forwarding isn't configured and that the router might not like it but it's not like anything changed between now and yesterday (and it's a DIR-655, I know that works with it because MS said it's supported).

Any advice? Maybe I could set it up manually but I never had to do that before. Perhaps the ISP is not happy?

I'm not sure if this is related but the Windows Live server was offline for the last couple days due to maintenance. I could not setup the Remote Web Access web site. It's working now.

Sorry about that. I forgot I made this thread.

Anyway, the problem seems to have cleared itself up (AGAIN). I restarted the server and today everything seems to be working again (basically if the remote site is offline, then so to is the VPN tunnel; they seem to be joined at the hip).

Will update future prognosis if anything goes awry again.