RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
hellosri

Upgrade RocketRaid 2680 to 2720?

pcdoc

I believe there is identifier on each drive. Not only can you swap out the cards, but your can also change are rearrange the order of the drives without impact to the arrahy.

ikon

you can also change are rearrange the order of the drives without impact to the arrahy.

That's a nice touch. I know for sure you couldn't do that years ago, but it certainly could come in handy at times.

pcdoc

That's a nice touch. I know for sure you couldn't do that years ago, but it certainly could come in handy at times.

I found this out by accident (actually stupidity) so I chalk this up to accidental brilliance.

Dave

That is awesome. I can just picture myself forgetting to write down what drive was what and then just throwing it back in with a little prayer!

ikon

accidental brilliance.

I love that. It applies to so many things, like the discovery of penicillin for instance.

timekills

I love that. It applies to so many things, like the discovery of penicillin for instance.

Or if you eat the *right* mushroom it's good and won't kill you. I wonder how many accidental discoveries that took.

ikon

Or if you eat the *right* mushroom it's good and won't kill you. I wonder how many accidental discoveries that took.

I remember a survival course I had to take many years ago. One of the topics covered was how to identify edible mushrooms; which ones to look for, and which ones to never even touch. I recall one of the most basic tests was to simply take a tiny bit and taste it briefly. If it tasted bitter, discard it. Another test was to put the cap on a sheet of paper for a while. If the paper stained blue/purple, discard it. Ah, those were the days :P