• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• Big Worm

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's impressive to see large drive chassis like that. I just wish the manufacturers would do a lot more about cooling and vibration. Some of them do a somewhat decent job of cooling, but none of them I've seen do even a half-a**ed job of vibration control. And, it seems the larger the chassis, the poorer the vibration control.

Fortunately, it seems like the drive makers may be taking the issue on themselves. The new WD Red drives, for example, have active/dynamic vibration dampening built right in. That should lead to greater stability, better performance, and longer drive life. I see that feature creeping outward to encompass most drives in the future, at least I hope so. The one possible issue I forsee is, perhaps, the dynamic vibration control between multiple drives starting to fight each other.

A year ago I would have bought this case. Now that I am using 3T, I am going for smaller cases (at least a bit smaller). Pretty cool case overall.

Like PCDoc said, the bigger the drives get, the less you would need something like this unless you have an insane amount of data.

Like PCDoc said, the bigger the drives get, the less you would need something like this unless you have an insane amount of data.

And then the question becomes, "What the H are you doing with that data? Really."