RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 81, What did you think ?

diehard

The UsingWindowsHomeServer.com boys are counting how many times we mention them in a show. I know we did a couple of times on 81. Better bring a 12 pack boys!

I enjoyed this show but would have rather had Lux on it. It was cool that he was celebrating his upcoming match day though. We were happy for him. The outtake at the end is just a snippet of the celebrating! Remind me to record everything next time.

I e-mailed Mozy for some clarification. They got back with me quickly and said there are no plans for a WHS product from Mozy. Bummer. Any enterprising coders out there want to tackle this one?

@TheGuy,

I Like your Tranquil, 5 x 2GB I hope that's TeraBytes and not GigaBytes. Have you ever considered getting the SQU-EX slave ? It must be pricey.

I just got some more goods on Mozy Online Backup service. If you are interested here is a 20% off coupon code good for the rest of March. The coupon code is: GOLD Link to Mozy here.

I should also add that Mozy told me that they support "Windows Server" with their Pro product. Not the home offering.

Just to clarify:

MozyPro
* Desktop Licenses: $3.95 + $0.50/GB per month
* Server Licenses: $6.95 + $0.50/GB per month

MozyHome
* 2GB Free
* $4.95 Month or
* $54.45 Year
Home is unlimited storage although nothing is unlimited right?

Good show.

I like the discussion of the Drive Balancer. Glad I am not the only one that gets frustrated by a larger empty drive while the others are maxed out. I paid for the drive and I am paying to keep it spinning - use it!

Steve O.

You guys crack me up with your drives. One way to fill it up might be to turn on duplication if you previously had it off. That way it will look fuller. You can turn it back off again if you run out of space.