RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 8 "Access Denies" to WHS

IndyLux

Sorry if this was already addressed, but I'm getting an error writing files to my server from my machines with Windows 8 installed. The Error reads "Destination Folder Access Denied: You need permission to perform this action". I think this has to do with Windows 8 using your Live ID which is different from what WHS uses (V1 by the way). I tried adding 'servername,username,password' to my Windows Credentials in Windows 8 but that didn't seem to do the trick. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Go to Control Panel>User Accounts and select the account in question. In the left hand pane, select 'Manage Your Credentials" . You are probably set to Web Credentials and you need to change that to Windows Credentials. Then add a Windows credential to match one on the server and make sure you give a description.

That should be enough.

That's what I thought too but it's still not working. I was setting it under Windows Credentials. Address = servername, username = WHS name, password = password.

So, I made a new account name with no spaces in it and it worked. I tried an underscore (word_word) but that didn't work either. If you're having the same problem, try a new account with a simple username without spaces and see if that helps.