RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ipad Help

ImTheTypeOfGuy

My wife has an ipad that had version 5.0 on it. I wanted to install a football film editing app but it required 5.1. So I connected the ipad to my computer and updated the OS to 5.1 using itunes. Unfortunately, it appears to have lost all of the kids and wifes settings and status for the games they are playing so it is like they are playing the game for the first time. Is there a way to recover where they were on each game? If not, I am in big trouble.

Where you backing up to the iCloud? If you where it is extremely easy to restore from a previous day.

Yes but I don't know if that includes the games?

I also backup locally.

If you actually backed up to iClould or iTunes, everything should be there. The issue is on iCloud that you have to re-download all the apps. You will not be charged again assuming you signed in with the same Apple ID. If you backed to iTunes, it should have put everything back. I just did it over the weekend as I busted my iPad. They replaced it, I hooked into iTunes, did a restore, and all 60 gig was back with all my settings.

If you actually backed up to iClould or iTunes, everything should be there. The issue is on iCloud that you have to re-download all the apps. You will not be charged again assuming you signed in with the same Apple ID.

Exactly.