• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diehard

• scottbakertemp

• cskenney

• steveowens

Co-worker I convinced to buy a mediasmart server ordered and is still waiting on his. Will post when he gets it.

I got a message from a listener today about the update. Was not pretty. I'll publish it below so hope he doesn't mind.

HP 485EX 3.0 upgrade. I would love to actually DO IT!!! 1) I called HP customer service at 800-474-6836 (the number on my order status page). After 15 minutes hold I was asked all my information on my order placed on 25 Feb. 2) They transferred me to someone after waiting on hold for 10 minutes and I gave my info again. They told me to call 800-892-6608 3) I called 800-892-6608. After 15 minutes hold I was asked all my information on my order placed on 25 Feb. 4) They transferred me to someone after waiting on hold for 5 minutes and I gave my info again. They told me to call 888-999-4747. 5) I called 888-999-4747, number 2, THEN number 5. After 15 minutes hold I was asked all my information on my order placed on 25 Feb. 6) They transferred me to someone after waiting on hold for 5 minutes and I didn't have to give info again as person stayed on line with me. 7) There was no status update other than the 8 Mar delivery date was wrong and I should have been called with a new one, though they had no new one. 8) They suggested I call 800-474-6836!!!!!!!!!!!! (my first number 90 minutes ago), but ask for MediaSmart.... At combined round robin time at multiples of the cost of the disk, I just don't know how they prosper. I'll be very appreciative IF I get the disk some day, but I want those hours back in my life.

I just got a message from HP that my 3.0 Upgrade discs for my EX470 that I ordered on 3/1 shipped today 3/19 via Postal Service (Standard).

Would love to have them to do the upgrade over the weekend while watching basketball, but it's looking like it will be next weekend.

Steve O.

I ordered my disks on 2/28. On 3/4 I received an email saying they were trying to expedite the delivery and meet their promise date (which I never was given in the first place).

I just checked the status on their website. Scheduled ship date: Not yet Shipped.
Expected delivery date: 3/23/10.

So, maybe I will have my disks next week.

About 1 hour after my earlier posting I got an email from HP stating they shipped my disks today. Expected to arrive 3/23/10.

I came across a post from someone who reportedly received their 3.0 upgrade disc and he seems to be experiencing very high CPU utilization on an EX47x. Time will tell if others see this, if its self correcting or a real problem.

I just got the shipment confirmation email today! The estimated arrival date is in the past but oh well.