RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

favorite social apps?

flyboyco

Getting ready to put Win8 on my wife's laptop. She spends a lot of time on Facebook, G+ and Twitter. What are your favorite apps for these? Or am I better off creating tiles for their respective websites?

So far I have found the people Metro tile interesting, but not a good substitute for individual programs for the respective services.

Tweetro is interesting, but I like the simplicity of the website as much. Haven't used any Google + or Facebook apps on Win8 yet.

BTW. Going to Co in a few weeks for my wife's brothers wedding. He lives in Denver and getting married in Beaver Creek. I can't

wait, Colorado is such a pretty state.

Thanks for the info awraynor. I like the People tile, but it doesn't work for my wife as she posts 20-30 times a day. We will keep trying different apps and post if we find something that really stands out.

I have been in Colorado all my life. If really is a great state (except no ocean)... The weather has been really dry, and we have had 70+ days of 90+ degree weather. Has been great for fruit trees that get watered, but hard on all the dry crops.

Bring warm clothes for the wedding. Pretty unpredictable weather in the hills this time of year. Could be anywhere between 20-70 in Beaver Creek. Its a beautiful area.

You in Denver for long, or just passing through?

Basically flying into Denver and heading straight to Beaver Creek on Thursday for a Saturday wedding. On Sunday morning her dad is taking the grandkids back to Castle Rock and we are headed north to Montana and Wyoming for some sightseeing to include Yellowstone. I can't wait as we haven't had a trip like that since the kids came along 4 years ago.

She was full steam ahead to move to Colorado a few years ago, but with the kids she feels the need to stay close to her mother now. I'm still trying, SC is okay, but it isn't Colorado by any means.

In the South boys are known to be momma's boys, my wife is fairly attached to her mother too.

Luckily, I have a great mother-in-law.

Awraynor, hope you have a great trip. I notice you didn't mention the dates. You going to have a layover in Indy on October 20?

I wish. Flying back from Denver on October the 6th. After some events at work today, might

have to think about other opportunities? Maybe the West isn't an impossibility after all?

It's more of a battle of wills in people higher up than me, I don't think I

want to be around to be caught in the middle.