RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Server 2012 and MORE on TechNET

Joe_Miner

You're going to find this interesting:

In addition to S2012 Hyper-V and S2012 Standard as well as S2012 Data Center you'll also find ---

Windows Server 2012 Storage Server Workgroup!

Windows Server 2012 Storage Server Standard!

Windows Server 2012 Foundation!

(Note to Admin: I didn't know where/which Forum to post this in so I put it here in S2012E SubForum temp)

Edited by Joe_Miner

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• Joe_Miner

• Jason

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Joe_Miner. BTW, have you figured out an easy way to print your list of keys? I've tried printing to PDF and XPS Writer, but no go. I may give Snagit a try, but it creates images, not edittable text.

BTW, have you figured out an easy way to print your list of keys? I've tried printing to PDF and XPS Writer, but no go. I may give Snagit a try, but it creates images, not edittable text.

Have you tried exporting your keys to xml, then opening the file in Excel? Works pretty well.

I wish it was possible to save the HTML version; it's much prettier than the others. ;)

BTW, I've downloaded all the software (well, not the language packs; I don't need them).

Grabbed WS2012 RTM but am now torn between whether to upgrade my current WS2008R2 box with VMs to WS2012 with Hyper-V 3.0 or run Windows 8 Pro as a Hyper-V host. In that case I could still run my WHS2011 VM and potentially play PC games on the Win 8 Pro host OS running the Hyper-V Host role. Will be curious what others are doing. Thanks.

Appreciate the link. Considering WSE2012 doesn't include the Hyper-V host role, it sounds like WS2012 RTM may be the best bet. Though I've yet to see any sites listing WS2012 drivers. Perhaps once WSE2012 goes RTM, I'll replace my WHS2011 VM with a WSE2012 VM for client PC backups on my home network. That said, I'm in no hurry to re-format my RAID 5 arrays with ReFS. Will stay with conventional NTFS for the time being.

Thanks Joe_Miner. BTW, have you figured out an easy way to print your list of keys? I've tried printing to PDF and XPS Writer, but no go. I may give Snagit a try, but it creates images, not edittable text.

I take a "snapshot" jpg of the download page with the Keys for each iso so I can associate the keys with a specific iso -- the snapshot is saved with the subfolder

I also download the Keys xml file and import that into Excel and save it in my TechNet Keys folder