RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Rex53

OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5IN SATA3 Sandforce SSD - $65 after rebate

Rex53

Just surfing when I came across this:

http://us.ncix.com/p...51&promoid=1084

$84.99 before rebate, $20 AmEx Reward card is a mail-in rebate.

Free express shipping included too.

-- Dan

Edited by Rex53

jmwills

Even Invisible Hand didn't find it.

Mr_Smartepants

I've got this drive as the boot drive in my primary tower system. Great drive! Fantastic price (if you don't mind the giftcard.)

IndyLux

I've got this drive as the boot drive in my primary tower system. Great drive! Fantastic price (if you don't mind the giftcard.)

Did you have any trouble getting this drive up and running? There is a string of Amazon reviews that warn about problems. I plan on updating the firmware on arrival but not much else. Any thoughts?

Michael Brown

Did you have any trouble getting this drive up and running? There is a string of Amazon reviews that warn about problems. I plan on updating the firmware on arrival but not much else. Any thoughts?

I have had one running in my laptop since the middle of May. I simply slapped it in, installed the OS and programs and began using it with no problems. I did update the firmware as an afterthought, but had no problems with the old firmware.

Mr_Smartepants

No problems from my Agility3. My Vertex2 is possesed, but my Agility3 has been great.

Definitely update the firmware before you install the OS. You can't update the firmware on the drive if it's running the OS. The drive needs to be taken "offline".

Michael Brown

No problems from my Agility3. My Vertex2 is possesed, but my Agility3 has been great.

Definitely update the firmware before you install the OS. You can't update the firmware on the drive if it's running the OS. The drive needs to be taken "offline".

I used OCZ's linux tool to update mine after the OS install. It's a little clunky but it worked.

jmwills

You updated the drive while online using the Linux tool?