RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

TV archive

brianmullins

Anybody else seeing this problem?

I'm using TV Archive to move my recordings from my HTPC to WHS. I've got several series set up to record, but TV Archive seems to be ignoring my 'limit to 5 episodes' settings. For example, I have "King of Queens" set up to record all episodes, but only keep 5. It's on here at least 2 times per day, and after 2-3 days I'll check my Recorded TV folder on WHS and there's like 15 episodes.

How come it's not removing them?

Thanks,

CD

I gave up on the TV archive part of PP3 because it never worked how I wanted.
I wonder if it is not seeing the content in the WHS share as something to count against. If you have them not move over does it operate better?

I am currently using only a 74GB drive for my Recorded TV on my 7MC machine. I have been using the TV Archive function in PP3 from the beginning. With my Recorded TV drive being so small it doesn't take long for that drive to fill up if the Archive function isn't doing its job. I really haven't had any problem with the TV Archive function until recently.

Last week I noticed the dreaded yellow triangle with the ! in it on most of my most recently recorded shows. It was telling me they would be deleted the following day. When I went to check the Recorded TV drive on my HTPC , sure enough they hadn't been transferred to my WHS!? Shortly after opening MC I got a warning window telling me I needed to Start the Windows Media Center Archive Transfer Service. Checking the services I noticed that the Service had stopped. I restarted it and my recordings immediately started to transfer to my WHS. I really don't know why or what is turning this service off. I have had to restart it twice in the last week and a half. Ive run the MC WHS connector again in hopes of resolving this issue. Could be its not playing well with a recent MS Update / Patch. I'm really not sure at this point.

It's been my experience that the episode limits do not work on any location outside of the local HTPC storage, whether it's a WHS share or another PC's Recorded TV folder share. WMC treats them all the same and aggregates any content from any network share you set up, but it won't delete off of one of those.

If anyone does have this working, I'd be curious how you have it set up as I have experienced the same issue as described above...prbly an oversight from the MS teams.

How many times have I mentioned this thing not working for me? Has to be a dozen times. I don't know if it's my system or just a jicky piece of software. It does not work for me.

I think the only thing I have ran across that works is Recorded TV Manager. There is another add-in that does this feature as well but I found it to be buggy and hard to deal with. In it's defense it's beta. No defense for PP3. It should work.

Yeah, I was running the free Recorded TV Manager beta back on the Windows 7 RC, and it worked well for a bit, but then for some reason just stopped moving the shows over. The episode limits didn't work then either as I was moving them to the same WHS share as with PP3 though... seems like a real basic thing that MS could get working doesn't it.