RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How to copy Recorded TV to Server AND delete source files?

nlitend1

I am looking for a way to copy my recorded TV to my server and then delete the original files on the HTPC.

Does anyone know how to do that?

I was surprised to find it's not an option in allwaysync. It does however have a place for running custom actions after the copy is finished.

I have been trying to figure out the proper cmd to do this.

So far i've tried

del %E:\recorded tv\mcebuddyarchive\%*.* /s /f /q

It doesn't work. :(

If someone has a different option/program, i would rather use one that has a built in option.

Thanks,

nlitend1

Let me check to see if I still have a copy of a custom program I wrote that does exactly what you're asking. I was tasked to write it for an employer about 15 years ago.

In order to provide for proper compartmentalization of the Accounts Payable function, it was decided that those who receive invoices would enter them into the financial system and it would generate a file and place it in a specific directory on a server; call it Folder 1. The people who actually pay invoices would not have permission to access Folder 1. To pay invoices they would only be permitted access to a second folder; call it Folder 2. They would access the files in Folder 2 to get the details of who, and how much, to pay. My task was to write a program that would monitor Folder 1 for new files, copy them to Folder 2, and delete them from Folder 1. It ran as a service, and was actually the only thing that had permissions to Folder 1 AND Folder 2.

Let me check to see if I still have a copy of a custom program I wrote that does exactly what you're asking. I was tasked to write it for an employer about 15 years ago.

That would be great. If not, i can use a cmd command at the end of allwaysync. I think the problem is with the "space" in the "recorded tv" but i'm not sure. When i run the command it says that the path does not exist.

Thanks for both replies btw...looking forward to getting the 'code' figured out...dos is definitely not my forte.

Any reason you're not using WMC's built-in archiving feature? I don't use it a ton, but when I do it works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD