RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 8 Issues

pcdoc

Well we now have RTM but the issues still seem to be same. Brand new updates for WHS, RTM, and that garbage photo app still cannot read WHS folders. Come on guys. I hope that a third party that can write software can come with something that works. Still cannot set the size of of the windows, thumbnails. That said, the video now plays, and it is very fast.

I think it's fair to say that all that's been RTM'ed is the Windows 8 platform itself. The M Apps are still crap. Still, being apps, they are each on their own release schedules. However, I'm still not convinced that they will be in a usable state come October 26th.

It seems odd that the same company that's producing the Surface and, arguably, pushing the boundaries of tablets, is also producing such mediocre applications for its new flagship OS.

Why is any of this surprising? With the arguable exception of Office, when has MS produced the best in class software for its platform? Generally they rely on 3rd party developers to handle the applications. On a side note they generally get lambasted by application developers when they put out a competing product in any, category don't they?

I'm not defending MS here just pointing out past history.

Doc - are you talking about the native photo app in Windows 8? Why wouldn't you use Photo Gallery for photo management?

Guest no-control

Brand new updates for WHS, RTM, and that garbage photo app still cannot read WHS folders. Come on guys.

Why are you trying to use the new OS platform with a deprecated server OS? I'll need to invoke the Jobsian theory of "your doing it wrong" use skydrive or photobucket for photo viewing.

The M Apps are still crap

WTF are M Apps???