RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Craving Lumia

IndyLux

So, I have been having an odd craving for a Lumia 900. I like my HTC HD7S, but the so-so camera and a Zune music bug that freezes the phone has me wishing for an upgrade. My contract isn't up for 6 months when I'll undoubtedly want to get a Windows Phone 8.

I've been looking at Lumia 900s on Craigslist and they run around $200.

Pro: $200 - $50 (Gazelle sale of HD7S) - $100 in 6 months when I sell the lumia = $50

- I quiet my gadget craving for a little while

- Get a great phone

Cons: I already have a working phone

- I'm only 6 months from the phone I think I'll want

- If I keep feeding the beast, it will only grow stronger

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

Certainly not crazy. I've been looking myself and watching prices fall. I just want to play with it on a go phone SIM and then on WIFI. Most 900's around here are asking crazy prices. $300 and up.

$200 is a great deal. I've been tracking the HTC Trophy on EBay given I'm on Verizon. It' easily going for $120 or more and isn't near the phone the Lumia is. Thinking about letting work buy my iPhone 5 and buying myself a trophy for fun.

Just looked at CraigsList again and there are a few. One with a cracked screen that I could probably live with. Cheap too. My question to you guys is how are people selling brand new devices? There is a brand new white one in my are that a guy want's to trade for any ATT Android phone or 4s. Scary. I've texted a few asking to meet at an ATT store to verify the ESN and they never reply.

There are absolutely scammers out there. The most recent person I spoke with seems legit, but the first two were easy con artists. Should I know what an ESN is?

The ESN is the serial number of the phone. If the seller gives you the number you can call the carrier to make sure it is "clean." If they won't give it to you then they probably have a stolen phone or are hiding some issue with a contract that could bite you. If they give you a clean ESN you then have to make sure it's the actual one you called on when you buy the phone in person. They can give you a clean ESN to call the carrier with when actually the phone for sale has a bad ESN. Scammers suck.

I have purchased my last two phones used. I make them meet me at the Verizon store and guarantee everything is

okay there. If they won't meet me there, no deal.

The funny thing was my first used phone was a Droid Incredible, the seller happened to be a VZW call center supervisor.

When we arrived at the store he had to show the sales rep how to activate the phone, irony in it's purest form.

The Lumia 900 is going for $300-$400 in my area, so $200 is a great deal.

So I have one on deck for $200 (hopefully picking it up tomorrow) and a second that might be available at the same price next week. Anyone in here want one for cost+shipping+friend points? Be happy to pass on the love.

Met up with the craigslist seller. Got a blue Nokia Lumia 900 for $175. Near perfect condition (small dent on edge) and works flawlessly. LTE is blazing fast. AT&T gave me a free micro sim. AND.... Nokia announces TODAY that the Tango update is available for the phone. http://wmpoweruser.com/tango-update-for-the-att-nokia-lumia-900-now-live-also-in-canada/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WmPowerUser+%28WMPowerUser%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

I'm a happy camper!