RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Boot to the Windows 8 Desktop...directly

jmwills

The dual (or triple) monitor guys are going to get hosed with this release. Look forward to SP1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• Joe_Miner

• ikon

• awraynor

Top Posters In This Topic

jmwills

Actually, mine is configured, somehow, to have one monitor bring up the desktop and one goes to the "Metro" interface. BTW, I read yesterday where someone is going to sue over the use of the name "Metro".

Actually, mine is configured, somehow, to have one monitor bring up the desktop and one goes to the "Metro" interface. BTW, I read yesterday where someone is going to sue over the use of the name "Metro".

Well, you knew THAT had to happen to0. MS could have named it *()&(_*^&$R*()#&*()$&*)%U#()U()# and somebody would sue - just a money grab, or at least an attempt.

Joe_Miner

What speak of this "Metro"? Is it by chance "Modern" or "SNAFU" or "WTF" or ...... [OK, I'm trying to figure out how to get Spin Rite in here Ikon -- give me a hand]

Joe_Miner

The dual (or triple) monitor guys are going to get hosed with this release. Look forward to SP1

Dual monitor via remote desktop isn't quite as bad -- I'm wondering if when their short term upgrad offer is available that we could get upgrade keys for all our machines and then wait till SP1 to actually install them. Probably something wrong with my idea (or maybe it's the 3 glasses of wine).

Wouldn't it be hilarious if SpinRite could get around the Metro desktop issue? OK, as impossible as that is, I would not put it past Steve to figure out a way to get around Metro and create a tiny, free utility to do it for us - he puts out a lot of free stuff.

Joe_Miner

Does he still update his website? Last I looked he had a thing for that new operating system XP. :)