RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS 2011 Errors and Alerts

wjburl

I frequently get Alert messages from WHS 2011. One message I see is Computer Monitoring Error. When I go to "learn about this alert", I see a reference to BPA. Is that a tool that is included with WHS 2011 or do I have to download and install it? Then what?

One client that is running Win 8, has an alert "important updates should be installed". I go to check for updates in the Control Panel for that computer and it reports that there are no updates available. I select to ignore the alert and later it re-appears.

Sometimes, the Backup status column will show "in progress xx%" and not change. If I try to stop it so that I may do a manual backup, that also hangs. It's not always the same client. I can'r seem to get rid of it without either removing and re-installing the computer or rebooting WHS.

The BPA is a server thing. "Best Practices Analyzer". There should be something in the dashboard about it... if not... there should be a WHS2011 update that "should" fix it.

I frequently get Alert messages from WHS 2011. One message I see is Computer Monitoring Error. When I go to "learn about this alert", I see a reference to BPA. Is that a tool that is included with WHS 2011 or do I have to download and install it? Then what?

One client that is running Win 8, has an alert "important updates should be installed". I go to check for updates in the Control Panel for that computer and it reports that there are no updates available. I select to ignore the alert and later it re-appears.

Sometimes, the Backup status column will show "in progress xx%" and not change. If I try to stop it so that I may do a manual backup, that also hangs. It's not always the same client. I can'r seem to get rid of it without either removing and re-installing the computer or rebooting WHS.

One issue I occasionally run into is I have to go the client, open the launchpad, and refresh the alerts from there. It does not happen often but it happens.