RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 8 RTMd today

CablDeViL

Saw the official blog announcement. The 15th for Technet/MSDN. Time to party.... I don't like it but I will use it (at least on one system)

That's disappointing in the sense that what we got in the preview is probably pretty close to the RTM.

I've installed it 3 times now on a laptop and its just horrible to use.. I know everyone's tired of hearing that but I think I've give it a fair chance.

On a side note I had my first real experience using Android ICS after hacking it onto the HP Touchpad, and I could see myself using it on a desktop easier than I could Windows 8.

That's disappointing in the sense that what we got in the preview is probably pretty close to the RTM.

I've installed it 3 times now on a laptop and its just horrible to use.. I know everyone's tired of hearing that but I think I've give it a fair chance.

I'm sure you have given it a fair chance. I installed it on my N40l and enjoyed working with storage spaces and such. Like I've said in the past, storage spaces reminds me of software raid inside of disk management so I'm not sure I'll hang on to it at this point. I also think the the high dollar amount will keep most home users, even "some" enthusiasts at bay. I don't remember if it was John or Dave, but one of them mentioned about us buying the mediasmart servers from HP. And while we paid quite a bit of pocket change for that little gem, that was actual hardware along with the OS. So for just a little less, we get software only that does more for servers but may be too much for the average home user.

On the other hand, if we're talking under $200, I would consider it. (maybe)

I won't be able to live with myself if I at least don't try it on my laptop and one desktop. Maybe we will get the option to disable Metro....NOT

That was my first thought after I read the subject line; I guess most of the stuff we were hoping would get 'fixed', at least as we define it, won't.

No real plans to move anything for now.

Oh, I have it on one desktop for testing....and that's enough.