RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Playon will play it all to your droid.

Earlkonig

Just a little heads up. Playon will play MKV, DVD iso or whatever else you throw at it to your droid over 3g or wifi. I have been tinkering with TVersity for a while and finally said enough. Installed Playon on my server, installed VLC on my server, configure Playon and router for port forwarding, installed the app on my phone, did the simple sync process and presto it works. Best part is that this is on an old Droid X. I just figured I would share in case someone needed a easy way to stream there content to there phone.

• Like 1

Great tip! Here's one for you

someone might need an easy way to stream "their" content to "their" phone. So there!

Cheers ;=)

Great tip! Here's one for you

someone might need an easy way to stream "their" content to "their" phone. So there!

Cheers ;=)

LOL

Just a little heads up. Playon will play MKV, DVD iso or whatever else you throw at it to your droid over 3g or wifi. I have been tinkering with TVersity for a while and finally said enough. Installed Playon on my server, installed VLC on my server, configure Playon and router for port forwarding, installed the app on my phone, did the simple sync process and presto it works. Best part is that this is on an old Droid X. I just figured I would share in case someone needed a easy way to stream there content to there phone.

Glad you liked playon and I hope they have improved things. I used it back in April and it was not good. Keep an eye out for CPU usage even if it is just idling. Check my review and you can compare to see if they have fixed it.

http://thedocsworld.net/playon-dlnasome-things-never-change/

I have ran this for the last week or so and I havent seen random usage of the cpu. I have seen it tie up the cpu but no more than 25% at a time when i am streaming content.

I've been using Bsplayer to play the .mkv's on my server to the android tablet.. runs pretty good although it plays them directly from the share and doesn't do any sort of streaming.

No points deducted for grammar. Remember that this is a friendly forum!

Do I sense a guy who didn't do so well in English in school?? :D