RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ihomeserver question

CablDeViL

I installed ihomeserver to test and could not find a way to sync songs from my music library to my phone Via WiFi. I hate Itunes so much that I am using google music on my iphone.

Any Ideas why I am having this issue?

TY

I am running iHomeserver and here is how I set mine up.

• Setup iTunes and make sure it works. I has to be setup for the same as the log in user.
  • Plug in your phone and check to sync all music
  • Check the sync with WiFi option on iTunes and perform a one time sync.
  • Create a watched folder somewhere on the same computer
  • Copy files to the watched folder and iHomeserver will manage your iTunes library
  • From your phone, go to settings, general, and syncitunes

That's it. If that does not work, take some screen shots and PM them to me.

You can also try starting itunes from the addin by clicking on the Stop Itunes. It should give you the option to start interactively. This way you can check that your using the right account for itunes, usually administrator. Then plug in your device to the server to see that it shows up in itunes and setup your syncing paramaters and the wifi sync. That's how I do it, not sure if that's the recommended way.

My problem is I don't want all my songs synced. The library is to large. So does that option exist?

Can you just enable iTunes match? It's $25 a year, but using it on my ATV, and soon to be

iPhone is pretty convenient.

And the first topic in the new version of WHS Essential Projects V2 is about streaming content

to your iDevice using Subsonic.

http://www.wegotserved.com/2012/07/30/announcing-25-essential-windows-home-server-projects-volume-2/

My problem is I don't want all my songs synced. The library is to large. So does that option exist?

Playlist. Just create one (or more) playlist and move stuff in and out of it. Set iTunes to only sync that playlist. Alternatively, use a separate folder. Move you music to a different folder. Create a watched folder that does not "delete", set your device to sync all and you are good to go. If you want to change music, add or remove from the watched folder.

I also do the playlist for my Droid X and choose only select music to sync via iSyncr. It works flawlessly and my hackintosh mounts

My Droid much better than windows ever did.

Thanks All. I guess I just needed more time playing with it. Ill post back this weekend and let you know how I do.