RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DVN Link (Podcast 79)

alex1002

I am looking for a link to that program called DVN link. I would like to be able to put tuner in another pc and access it from others.
Thank you

There is 2 answers for sharing a tuner in the US.

1 - If you are using WMC, then no easy way to share a tuner right now.
2 - If you are using SageTV, then yes you can share tuners across a network.

• 2 weeks later...

Laugh or not. I am still using analog NTSC tuners. I would like to have tuners in my server in the basement, and access them in my HTPC. So I dont need to run antenna cables to those HTPC.
ATSC is nice but not worth the money for me, I would get the HDHOMERUN, but I get 5-7 channels.

@alex1002

I don't understand your last statement about the HD Homerun. You only get 5-7 channels so you don't think that is enough to justify the cost of the HD Homerun? I think if you gave one a try you wouldn't regret it or go back to tuners in you HTPC.

There was a discussion here in the forums and one of the podcasts around CES time that tuner cards inside a PC chassis are just not as good as a television, but the HD Homerun comes pretty close.

If I had to justify the money I spend on stuff, I wouldn't be able to type this message.

@cskenney,

I like that line, If I had to justify the money I spend on stuff, I wouldn't be able to type this message.

I'm off the island of Montreal, Quebec, Canada and with my internal ATSC tuner, I'm able to catch 5-7 channels as alex1002 suggests. Like you said external cards could pull in more channels, and it can then be used by my EX4xx since I have MCE2005 hacked in there. I'm just waiting to get a deal on the HD Homerun for $99. then I'm in.