• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pcdoc

• jmwills

• ikon

• jmhenry5150

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 big drives in the 3.5" bay, then in the 5 1/4 bay I have an adapter to combine 2 x 2.5" drives...

Think about the green drives. Again I have not had a problem with my WD green Ears but I did change the firmware so the heads dont park so much.

I thought the new Red Series drives were about the same price you mentioned. I've not used the WD Green drives but I think the issue was the heads were parking way too often and the firmware update changed that.

Now that we have a choice, go for the red drives. Otherwise looks like a great system. I have not had any issues with the green but using a drive made for raid without spending a fortune makes sense.

Now that we have a choice, go for the red drives. Otherwise looks like a great system. I have not had any issues with the green but using a drive made for raid without spending a fortune makes sense.

Agreed. I have a relative in the Access Control business. He sells/installs/maintains a lot of industrial DVRs. I just told him he should really look at Red drives for them.

Yes WD gave a small command line exe that allowed you to turn off the constant head parking.

Great solution if you already have the drives. Do you have the link to how to get the software?