RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Trials & Tribulations with Acronis True Image Home 2012

ikon

Well, what a shocker - the Recovery failed. I guess I will have to RTFM, which is stupid for a silly backup program. Just another aggravation with this product. What a way to spend a Sunday. And to think I was considering implementing this at my relative's small business.

Success! By RTFMing, I found that I 1) need to select the Multiple Partitions option and use Switch to Disk Mode for the backup, and 2) only restore the Reserved Partition and C: drive during Recovery (i.e. NOT the MBR, even though it was a different disk)..

To be honest, it's a shame that I had to read the manual to find this out. It could so easily have been incorporated into ATIH 2012 itself and saved me, and I'm sure many, many others a ton of headaches.

Indeed :D

Seriously though, I've been an advocate for years for the idea that software should be as self-explanatory and self-evident as humanly possible. Having done a lot of programming over the years, I've had any number of 'discussions' with other programmers about taking their programs to the next level. Too many of them just want to get on to the next project, saying that it's too boring and takes too long to take it that far. Too bad.

• Like 1

So, it's now "RTIFM"?

Now that Ikon has RTIFM we don't have too.......

Sort of like load balancing in V1's DE :D