RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Fractal Design Define R4 released

Mr_Smartepants

Company link: http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&prod=99

Review link: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Fractal-Design-Define-R4-Case-Review/1600

The FD Define series (mini and R3) has been on my wish list for a while for my new build plan.

I really like what they've done with the R4 design to make something already good into something awesome.

Great boxes for sure. Hard to see any obvious competitors for a server at their price point.

Guest no-control

Great boxes for sure. Hard to see any obvious competitors for a server at their price point.

Pretty obvious to me ;)

I have both the R3 and the 550D....for $20 I would choose the 550 over the R4.

I'm too old to lift steel boxes anymore. It's aluminum for me from here on out. Maybe I'll get an aluminum coffin too. Better yet, get an environmentally friendly aluminum coffin: "This coffin made from 80% recycled computer cases" ;)

I saw this press release in my email. Nice looking case but have never been a big fan of the front door design. Besides noise reduction is the front pure aesthetic or serves a greater good?

Besides noise reduction is the front pure aesthetic or serves a greater good?

I think the main design point for the front door is for N/R. The vents that line the sides allow for airflow without providing any clear "line of sight" to any noise source within. This effectively "scatters" the noise in the same method as the Antec P180-series (which I own).