RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
wjburl

Keeping Server Folder and NAS in sync

jmwills

Replication was setup for high availability. One server will not cut it. I had to setup an instance this week...slicker than you know what......

pcdoc

@pcdoc.

Did you run into any limitations on the amount of files it would sync without buying the Pro version?

I bought the pro verssion after a few days as I was really impressed so I never the free version long enough. I know that others have reported that there is a limit though.

Mr_Smartepants

Same here. I bought the pro version after I got tired of the nags. Well worth the money in my opinion.

ikon

Replication was setup for high availability. One server will not cut it. I had to setup an instance this week...slicker than you know what......

MS may see it that way, but I still think it would be nice to get the file source abstraction without the 'high availability'.

jmwills

MS may see it that way, but I still think it would be nice to get the file source abstraction without the 'high availability'.

huh? :blink:

ikon

huh? :blink:

By File Abstraction I just mean that you don't have to know the physical location of the file you want: i.e. DFS style. I just wish we could have that capability without having to have the extra feature of 'high availability'; regular availability would be fine with me.

ArtHen

hi wjburlwjburl

as alternative solution @Max SyncUp doing bi-directional syncing. It is enough to set up it to server only and configure the sync options. it’s worth its price and moreover you get the backup tool and will have no any limitations.

Edited by ArtHen

GabonPhil

Great information everyone, thanks for sharing.

Based on your experiences, I've just set up Allway Sync and it seems to be doing the job nicely.

Easy to understand interface, just took a few minutes to set up the sync jobs I've been irregularly doing manually for too long.

Cheers,

Phil.