RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

how can I force a backup to stop/remove a computer from whs2011

ikon

I was testing backup of my desktop to the test install of WHS2011 onto my Acer H340 I just completed a few hours ago. Something happened to my desktop and I had to restore it from a backup from my production WHS2011.

The restore went fine. But, when my desktop stopped responding, it was in the middle of a backup to the Acer H340. Now, when I go into the Dashboard on the Acer H340, it still shows the computer as being backed up, even though it isn't, and I can neither stop the backup nor remove the computer.

I tried stopping the Client Backup services, but that didn't help. I also deleted the backup database. That failed too.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can clear this up?

First guess is that the backup to the Acer was actually completed but dashboard was just slow in reporting this.

I notice on my E8200 powered device that there is a lot of lag between 2011 polling the status compared to what has actually occurred (ie. 50% to 100% in just a few secs)

2nd problem (unable to delete/stop backups) NFI :-)

First guess is that the backup to the Acer was actually completed but dashboard was just slow in reporting this.

I notice on my E8200 powered device that there is a lot of lag between 2011 polling the status compared to what has actually occurred (ie. 50% to 100% in just a few secs)

2nd problem (unable to delete/stop backups) NFI :-)

I'm pretty sure the backup didn't complete, because the desktop machine locked up at 70%. But, you're right, the Acer showed (is still showing) 27%.