RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DoubleTwist?

jcollison

The newest version of DoubleTwist is out and I was wondering if anyone has thought of installing it on their WHS?

Very interesting. I'll keep my eye on this, but isn't good for me as I love how the Zune software works.

Very interesting. I'll keep my eye on this, but isn't useful to me right now as I love how the Zune software works and we have 3 Zune's.

Guest no-control

I had this when I first bought my Droid and wanted to dump iTunes...didn't work all that great. Maybe they fixed it?

Also why install this on WHS?

Might try it again as a intrim way to sync until I can get my hands on a Windows Phone series 7 series phone series when it comes out.

My first experience with DT wasn't that great either. I tried it once on my Win7 box and never really went back to it. They did recently update however, and it seems to have gotten better.

So why. Partly in response to these two topics:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/topic/itunes-server-vs-pointing-media-library#post-597
http://homeservershow.com/forums/topic/whs-podcast-downloading-and-storage#post-654

I was made aware of it a few days ago and I studied the web site over the weekend, hoping to download and start using it. I had a quick read of the legal stuff... then a second read... and a third. A company based in San Francisco, yet registered in the Cayman islands... and then the Privacy statement that they could collect a ton of information.. phone numbers...etc..

I kinds of backed off of it... call it a professional hasard...but I tend to read the fine print... and this one...well I'm not so sure....

my $0.02 cents.

Not sure I would worry about that too much. They ask for almost nothing when you set it up. I have it running on my test box without problems.