RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Thank you Enthusiasts and Home Users

Dave

You guys have done well with the news today. I must admit I was in the middle of a 6 hour "commute" and not able to get anything out to you. If anyone says that I didn't pick the right topic to podcast about they would be crazy. Microsoft has given us so much to talk about the last several years. It's crazy. Rest assured that we will pick up these new topics and run with it on the podcast. I also look forward to your feedback. I've put a post up on the blog that I hope will make you think, make you laugh, make you reflect.

http://homeservershow.com/the-death-of-windows-home-server.html

It's been a good run....but it's not over yet!

Actually this may bring in a bunch of new users. I do not like the proposed pricing however this will make a technet subscription very valuable. I am excited about the super charged version that encompass both as it will provide better support and will have a larger user base. Who knows, if you market this right we can cover V1, 2011, and SBS 2012.

I poked a lot of fun at the whole thing but yeah, I'm looking forward to trying it. 2011 is still here. V1 guys still love their V1. This is a "Home Server" site and podcast so we'll just cover it all.

Might be an interesting time to invite SBS Diva back for a show................

I think the Home Server has gotten a lot more interesting with a lot of different technologies -- but we still have a need to back up and protect our data more than ever.

You might also want to consider Philp Elder from MPECS in Toronto. He is another great SBS resource. I also read that SBS Standard will die also.

There has not been much talk of a meet-up this summer.....are there still plans in the works?