RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Changes to MSDN and TechNet Subsriptions

Neophyte

Seams reasonably. It wont effect me to much. But I will download some off the isos and keys I haven't used yet. And I need a copy of windows 2.1.

This is the scary part:

"Finally, TechNet subscribers will no longer be able to use any programs from Microsoft if they decide not to renew their subscription. Previously, they were able to continue to use Microsoft programs they downloaded and used even if they stopped being a TechNet subscriber."

MS have been eroding the value of Technet over the past 2 years without any commensurate reduction in the cost.

At this rate I will definitely be doing the sums on my ongoing subscription.

Man, my account expired on the 29th of June. I thought I could renew and get a whole new set of keys as I didn't anticipate needing anything new

until Win8 products came out. When I checked my account, I am still under a "grace period" and assume I can get renewal pricing in lieu of new subscriber

pricing.

Given I am working off a yet activated copy of Win7 maybe I should go ahead and renew so my main box will work and I don't have to buy a full price version

of Win7.

I didn't expect needing anything new until Win8, but I still get my money's worth out of the subscription

The issue for a lot of us is that our home network is both our test environment AND our production one too. We have neither the money, time, nor space to set up elaborate multi-multi-computer environments, so we have to make ours do double or triple or more duty.