RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Full Version $59.99

Dave

Well, I'm the only poster on this thread but mine arrived today! I'm thinking of converting completely to this for editing, and LightRoom for cataloging. CS 5.5 for heavy lifting.

Someone alert Mike Howard.

I have PSE9 -- are you seeing that big a change with 10? 9 had way more features than I ever use so I was hesitant on the upgrade.

Why do I need to sit down? Use what works for you, everyone's work flow is different. Of course if you want the "correct" workflow you should do what I do. :)

I use Lightroom for 90%+ of my edits. I can come home from a shoot with 1,000 images and complete the culling process in less than 30 minutes (P key to flag keepers, X key for rejects, hitting either one takes me to the next image). Then I can apply global updates (white balance, sharpening, etc) to all the flagged images. Then I go through them one by one and make any adjustment necessary to that image. If the global update didn't work for a specific image, I just roll it back. Once all the post-processing is complete, I send them images to Facebook, flickr and/or Smugmug right from within Lightroom.

For about 10% or less of the images, I drop them into Photoshop (from Lightroom) do some cloning or layer edits and then bring them back into Lightroom. Really easy to go back and forth.

Lightroom will also let you send photos to PSE for editing. With the drop in price for Lightroom, it's hard to pass up for someone who is into taking a lot of photos.

I've been using PE 10 all night! Added a few icons to the top of the forums for twitter, etc. Fixed a photo for the missus. Fun stuff.