RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Using a single Username or login for multiple computers to WHS

Dave

I have a question for you guys. I have used a single user ID or login username on two computers in my house to get to shares. On my main PC the username was the same as the WHS ID so it logs in automatically. On the second PC the username was not the same but I simply had to enter the login/password combo to get to the shares.

I'm curious if anyone is using a single ID for more than 2 computers. Also wondering if using the same ID on more than one computer would cause an issue.

It shouldn't cause a problem at all. On our 3 home computers, my wife and I each have a login, the same username/password on all 3, which is synced to the server.

I use the same id and password on four different computers and have never seen any problems with it. My wife has the same for two of the computers and no issues for her either.

Are you seeing issues, or are you just throwing the question out to see if anyone has had problems.

Think about business environments too. AD revolves around shared username/password accessibility that is independent of machines.

I don't use the same User/password on all PC but here is the thing.
I think....although it could be some fluck that it works for me because this sort of thing has always confued me but.
I when into Control Panel - Credential Manager - Windows Credentials - Add a Windows Credential` and added my WHS there.
I haven`t had to sign into my WHS since. Even on a machine with a different USER/Pass