RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Griffin Survivor Series iPad Case and how it saved my marriage

awraynor

This weekend my son and I were taking my wife's van to the Honda dealer for a scheduled service. About three miles from home, while going down the highway at sixty miles per hour I heard a terrible noise on the roof of her van. I slowed quickly and looked in the rearview mirror. To my horror I saw my iPad 2 tumbling down the highway, end over end.

I stopped the car quickly and ran to retrieve it. It was in the off ramp and luckily the traffic was light on a Saturday morning. The case was barely scratched and the iPad wasn't damaged at all. I caught a little grief from my wife, and was reminded all weekend to put "nothing" on the roof again.

I did and their response was; since you need a new case here is a 30% off coupon. Obviously they lack confidence in their product and don't know how to read e-mails.

I did and their response was; since you need a new case here is a 30% off coupon. Obviously they lack confidence in their product and don't know how to read e-mails.

Maybe it is like a bicycle helmet and it is only good for one incident. After that youare supposed to replace it.

Nice. Well, at least their gear did it's job. Oh ya, smooth move there bud! Ha ha, just had to poke at ya a bit. ;)

Nice story. I'm sure they sent you the coupon so that you could have a nice, new, shiny case without scratches. After all, it's an Apple product - they're all about the 'bling'.

Myself, I would keep the beat up case, to show how my equipment has been through the trenches. :)

• 1 month later...

This is a funny story. But the only thing i could think of was how tall are you? Lol, I mean, the top of a honda mini van is pretty high?

I did this once with my ipad 2 as well but it was "protected by an ipad otterbox defender case and it fell apart on its roll down the street, with a few minor scratches to my pad...it will never leave the house again!

This is a funny story. But the only thing i could think of was how tall are you? Lol, I mean, the top of a honda mini van is pretty high?

I did this once with my ipad 2 as well but it was "protected by an ipad otterbox defender case and it fell apart on its roll down the street, with a few minor scratches to my pad...it will never leave the house again!

Just one of many reasons the ipad may be one of the worst product names ever.

I am glad he didn't reference bleeding.