RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Back Again: HP ProLiant ML110 G7 Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Tower Server + Windows Home Server $399.99

coffejor

I have been itching to get a home NAS going and don't know if I can wait for an N40L deal any longer, I may have to jump on this deal... (trying to resist, trying to resist, trying to resist...)

Edit

Followup question: does anyone know if the front opens on this giving external access to the drives (like on the N40L)? From the pictures and the literature online, it doesn't look like it.

Edited by coffejor

I have been itching to get a home NAS going and don't know if I can wait for an N40L deal any longer, I may have to jump on this deal... (trying to resist, trying to resist, trying to resist...)

Edit

Followup question: does anyone know if the front opens on this giving external access to the drives (like on the N40L)? From the pictures and the literature online, it doesn't look like it.

My guess this is a side opening case much like any other desktop/mid-range server case. The positioning of the drives is probably down the axis of the case design (not perpendicular).

• 2 weeks later...

Go for it and give us a little review of it for the blog and podcast!

Dave, you had me sold on it (just the excuse I needed), but I was leaving on vacation and wasn't going to let it sit at my apartment door for a week. Maybe I'll grab the next one and do a write-up.