RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Recycling at its finest!

vinylfreak

In addition to being a big homeserver and HTPC Tech-Nerd , I also have a long time passion for collecting Antique Radios , Televisions and Phonographs. Recently a fairly large Electronics Retailer Abt Electronics (NW suburb of Chicago) , started a contest on there Facebook page. It was called "Antique To Abtique". The contest runs through October. People were invited to send in pictures of there various antique entries. The first category for May was televisions. I entered my 1949 Stromberg Carlson Television. To my Great! Surprise!! I ended up taking home First Place ( Contest was based on highest appraised fair market value )

My 63year old Black & White TV , with a 10 inch screen , ended up winning me a Brand New LG 47 inch LED Hi-Def 3DTV!! http://www.abt.com/p...G-47LM6200.html

Not really Home Server related , just wanted to blow my own horn a little. ;-D

Here is a link to the Abt Contest... https://www.facebook...&type=1

StrombergCarlson-2.jpg

l-85brh3ltxa3jhd.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vinylfreak

• jmwills

• jeffla

• ikon

That's pretty neat, thanks for sharing!

Erik

via Tapatalk just for HSS forum member ikon :)

That old tv is really cool looking. Imagine as a family trying to watch a game on a 9" round screen.

Very nice. If only it were in 3D, but I guess with that round tube it does sort of look like it's popping out at you. ;-)

Next thing you know American Pickers will be knocking on your door! Very nice work,