RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ceton Infinitvr issues

flyboyco

I updated my HTPC with a new motherboard, processor, and SSD a couple months a go. Have not been able to get Media Center to acknowledge the tuner. I have a Ceton Infinitv4, USB. It worked great with the old setup, but has never worked since the upgrade. I have a ASUS M4A88T-V EVO USB3 motherboard, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition AM3 processor, and OCZ vertex plus SSD. I installed Win7 as a new install on this, then I attached my 3 other hard drives with all my recorded TV, videos, My Movies, etc. Everything worked (and still works) great, except I have never been able to get it to recognize my tuner. When I set it up with the Ceton software, everything looks great. In Media Center when I try to set up the TV tuner, I get the following issues:

"TV signal detection result: Digital Cable (CableCARD)(4 Tuners)", so it looks like it recognizes the tuner.

"Digital Tuner Setup: Your computer is not cable ready. You will not be able to set it up for use with a Cable CARD." Nothing works after this page. I have tried several times to delete the drivers and reinstall, reboot, uninstall and reinstall media center, etc.

HELP!

keith

One of the old tricks we used to do when a new OS came out (realizng 7 is not new) but, you could go into device manager and set the device to compatibility mode back to XPSP2. Does the Device Manager see the tuner now?

Seems like an issue with the graphics capability and the "protected content" requirements. Are you using the built in graphics from the ASUS board or do you have a separate graphics card installed?

jmwills,

Thanks for the reply. The device manager does already see the tuner, as does Media Center, it just tells me the computer is not digital cable ready. I also installed the digital cable advisor. Still no help.

cskenney,

Good question, I should have mentioned it. I am using an NVIDIA card, sorry, cant remember the model. Using HDMI. I will post the model number when i get home. I have about 3gb of recorded TV from the old setup. i have had no problem watching any of the content, as Comcast does not protect very much. I also have had no issues with the internet TV.

Might be an obvious question just to make sure...did you run the digital cable tool to enable cablecard support?

I did install the Digital advisor. When I run it, all looks good. It recoginzes the tuners. When I go to set the tuners up in MC, it fails.

I finally formatted and started over with a new win 7 install and everything works great. I spent 4 days trying to get the tuners set up. Was time to start over.