RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How do I get torrents to work on whs2011

MarkJohnson

I've been reading and reading on getting my server to use torrents. I find various scenarios, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. If even possible.

What I want is for my win 7 madchine to download a torrent and have it handed over completely to the sever.

Right now I have win7 save the torrents on my server folder. But I'd like for the server to do the download as well.

Am I asking too much? The only reason I want to do this is my system freaks out occasionally on saving files to the server with torrents or any downloading. It will sometimes timeout or just go like 15KB/s. It always hit this mark too. It just doesn't have a random speed. If I redownload the same torrent to my win7 machine I get my usual 1-4MB/s download speed.

plz tell me there is a way to ofload my torrents to my server. Otherwise I may need to look into why my networking is droping to such slow speeds. so far I can't find anything wrong.

-=Mark=-

That was my first question: why not just install a torrent client on WHS and use RDP to manage it?

My 2nd question was about the problem saving downloads to the server. It sounds like there's a problem; maybe the server, maybe the network, maybe the Win7 computer, but something. If it was my setup I would want to know why file transfers are failing like that.

That was my first question: why not just install a torrent client on WHS and use RDP to manage it?

This is what I'm doing now with uTorrent, since I've gotten RDP to work properly. I was just hoping it would take over magically. I'll go over the posts kcormier posted and see if I can get it working the way I want. Although, I think I'm asking too much.

My 2nd question was about the problem saving downloads to the server. It sounds like there's a problem; maybe the server, maybe the network, maybe the Win7 computer, but something. If it was my setup I would want to know why file transfers are failing like that.

I have an ASRock motherboard and it uses Asus's ASMedia chipsets and I figured out it was interfering somehow. I just loaded this lame XFast utility and so far things seem fine. But without XFast it freaks out. This has been an issue with all of the last 4 ASRock boards I bought. I had returtned 3 of them and waitied too long on this and missed my rma date. At least I figured it out. I hope anyway.

Thanks for everyone's post

-=Mark=-

Edited by MarkJohnson