RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Jamr

An Introduction...

Jamr

Hi everyone. My name is Jerry but my friends call me Jamr,

I wanted to introduce myself as I intend (family willing) to spend some time here and get to know the people here.

A litlle about me...

I have worked in the home installation industry for over 20 years and the car installation industry for 10 years.

I currently own a home security product company and am looking to getting back into the home networking / digital media market.

Back around the "turn" geeeesh, it has been over 12 years now, I worked at a couple of high end home installation companies in Orange County where we would install whole house wiring and high end home theater. I was in constant druel of the awesome home theaters and home automation systems we put in. To this day I still love home automation, security and entertainment. Back then the DVD was the ultimate way to show movies and other entertainment, DVD changers were the best vehicle for that medium, internet streaming was unheard of and hard drives were way too expensive to think of storing movies on them. Man times have changed. What would cost tens of thousands of dollars then you can pretty much do for under fifteen hundred dollars now.

Fast forward a decade and I am constantly drawn back to trying to make my home act like the home theaters and home automation systems we installed back in the day.

I have owned a WHS1 for many years now and love it. I recently have my data moved over to a new shiny Proliant with WHS2 on it and love it even more.

I have been listening to the webcast of The Home Server Show off and on for quite a while now and enjoy it .

This is what brings me here to this fine community.

I am interested in all residential server OS's from Amahi to Windows

I would love to get to know and interact with other enthusiasts that have server experience.

I hope to help and learn a lot here.

Renny

You have certainly found the right place. People here are civil and extremely helpful about a whole range of topics.

Great intro too. Enjoy

krom

Welcome Jamr. I echo Renny's sentiments. This is a great community with a lot of great, helpful and very knowledgeable people. Sounds like the perfect fit.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Welcome to the forums. There are a ton of people on here with very valuable advice. But it is just that, advice as there are no experts on here. Spend as much time reviewing all the advice and then form your own opinions and go from there.

ikon

Welcome. With your home theater experience I can see where you could contribute quite a bit.

jcollison

Welcome and from John, Dave and I, thanks for listening to the podcast! Glad you have joined the community.

pcdoc

Welcome to the forums and we look forward to talking about some home theather stuff as well as some networking.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Hmm, seeing a certain picture on this post has made me rethink my comment there is no experts on here. I may have forgotten someone. :)

Dave

Welcome to the forums and we look forward to talking about some home theather stuff as well as some networking.

This guy is an expert! Welcome Jamr.

Jamr

NIce to meet you all. I realize the webcast is aired on Wednesdays. Is that the best time to get together and chat about things? Where does everyone meet?