RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

$149.99 Seagate 3TB Drive

Joe_Miner

$149.99 Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive With Promo Code: EMCYTZT1702 -- free shipping!

These are nice & fast drives. I have 3 and love em -- and I'm a WD fan boy!

jazzerjay

I was looking at these as well. Do you run them in your N40l? I was considering replacing my 2TB ones in my V1 box, but it's not like I need the room. Still these are a great deal.

Joe_Miner

I was looking at these as well. Do you run them in your N40l? I was considering replacing my 2TB ones in my V1 box, but it's not like I need the room. Still these are a great deal.

Been running them (2) in the N40L with 2008R2 and Server8 with no problems. I've had no problem passing them thru to WHS2011 and they work well in 2011. was thinking of using Stablebit drivepool with em in 2011 but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Am installing Server 2012 currently with no apparent problems.

3TB drives will take some extra steps to work in WHS-V1 -- Dieharder has done it and written it up but I can't find the link right now. Maybe he could jump in.

jmwills

Might be nice to get one to add to the 2008R2 box,,,,wait...I need a bigger case if I add more drives!! Or, test a Storage Pool on the 2012 box.

dvn

John, could you check the drive temps? I'm curious about the values. Thanks.

Joe_Miner

John, could you check the drive temps? I'm curious about the values. Thanks.

Here you go:

gallery_1229_27_34112.jpg

ikon

Those are impressive temps Joe_Miner. How long had the system been running when you took that snapshot?

dvn

Thanks. Interesting. My WD15EADS is the warmest by a couple degrees also. And it's just sitting idle. Also interesting to see the big EZRX is the coolest.

dvn

These are 4 Samsung HD204UI drives sitting in my WHS 2011 MSS EX495 box. They're in there because they are the 'coolest' drives I own. :)

HD204UItempsinMSSEX495.png

Joe_Miner

Here are my 2 Seagate 3TB drives in my Z77X-UD5H in the K9WX -- note there are fans directly on the Drive cages which helps the temps

gallery_1229_26_138405.jpg

gallery_1229_26_138329.jpg

Their up time is 70hrs.