RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Installing WHS 2011 on 60GB SSD

Joe_Miner

Drashna, the WAIK install screen says that I have to run Server 2003, Vista, Win7, or Server 2008(r2). I'm wondering if you know if that's true? Does it mean I cannot run it on Win8(.1)?

I'm going to abandon the idea of using the RevoDrive as the OS drive. I just don't find it reliable enough for that. It was an interesting experiment, but I think the RevoDrive would be better as a data drive.... well, except it's only 111GB.

I'm going to abandon the idea of using the RevoDrive as the OS drive. I just don't find it reliable enough for that. It was an interesting experiment, but I think the RevoDrive would be better as a data drive.... well, except it's only 111GB.

Landing zone/feeder "disk" for StableBit DrivePool?

Or cache drive (or page file, CSC, etc)? :)

How does DP use a landing zone/feeder disk?

By downloading and installing the "SSD Optimizer" balancer:

http://stablebit.com/DrivePool/Plugins

You need to enable it as well.

Also, if you're using duplication.... you'd want two fast disks for the feeder/ssd drives, otherwise you may get "degraded" performance.

Interesting. Unfortunately, the Dell mobo I'm now using for my WHS2011 only has 2 PCIe slots. I need 1 for my eSATA card and 1 for my 3ware RAID card. The board also has 2 PCI slots. I'm using 1 for a 4-port USB2 card and the other for an Intel gigabit PCIx server NIC. So, zero slots left ;)  Still, neat idea for performance boost.