RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS Console will not launch from RDC or Connector

CablDeViL

From the client or from remote Desktop the Console will not launch. No add ins have been installed lately. Will my log file help?

FYI its a HP Data Vault.

Thank You.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottbakertemp

• CablDeViL

• jmwills

• ikon

Top Posters In This Topic

Check all the services on the server and those set to Automatic should be started. If all of that appears to be in order, a healthy reboot could be in order.

Just a random thought (like most of my thoughts :) ); do the Windows Updates get logged (for some reason I can't seem to recall if they do)? If yes, you might want to check what was installed recently.

Oh yes, they get logged in several places. I'd still go for the reboot first and then look for stopped services.

Check all the services on the server and those set to Automatic should be started. If all of that appears to be in order, a healthy reboot could be in order.

Reboot and cold boot done. I will check the services now.

Just a random thought (like most of my thoughts :) ); do the Windows Updates get logged (for some reason I can't seem to recall if they do)? If yes, you might want to check what was installed recently.

Good Point I remember a bunch of .NET updates last month.

Yes on the .Net updates but I don't remember anyone reporting any issues with those.

Good Point I remember a bunch of .NET updates last month.

Can you restore the server from a backup to a point just before it exhibited this problem? I mean, one of the big advantages of 2011 over v1 is that we can actually restore the server OS without destroying the system.

ok all services are up - only add in on this box is Grid Junction - event logs look clean - no other updates available @ MS - Rebooted. Still no go. I'm going to find where the Console logs are kept now.