RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Photo web server on WHS 2011 possible?

Bjur

if you dont mind messing around with IIS, PHP and mySQL; give http://coppermine-gallery.net/ a try. Been using it for about 5+ years, been thru about 4 different server/os upgrades... Works fine on whs2011 since all it needs is IIS,PHP,mySQL to run. Folder permissions were alittle tricky since the web app will create thumbnails and allows you to also upload photos directly to the web site.

@Bjur

Take a look at this thread I recently started: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3996-browser-limitations-of-remote-web-access/

It sort of evolved into a question about using the remote web access feature as a means of sharing photos with family members. The deal breaker for me is that when you click on a thumbnail in the photo library, it actually downloads it instead of enlarging the photo. For the life of me I still can't figure out who thought that would be a good idea. :)

It's too bad, because otherwise I think it could be a good means of sharing photos - especially when you have a large photo library.

It sort of evolved into a question about using the remote web access feature as a means of sharing photos with family members. The deal breaker for me is that when you click on a thumbnail in the photo library, it actually downloads it instead of enlarging the photo. For the life of me I still can't figure out who thought that would be a good idea. :)

That's the expected behavior if you access photos via the "Shared Folders" view in Remote Web Access. If you access photos via the "Media" view, then you should see full-size images and slideshows.

But then, as I said elsewhere, the Media view is flaky at the best of times. It falls over with large libraries.