RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

m2ts Converter for ATV

awraynor

I have a large folder of HD videos from my Canon camcorder that I would like to

convert to an Apple TV compatible format, H.264 HD seems to give the best quality.

I am looking for any recommendations on a converting software on Mac or Windows

that has recursive searching, folder watching, and ability to recognize duplicates.

I was trying Aiseesoft Total Media Converter, it was a free download from giveawayoftheday

last week. It provides good quaity, but always freezes about 60-70% of the way through.

Aimersoft finishes, but it's ATV format output is poor.

The mac app store products I have found often lack recursive searching. iVI video converter

for Mac seemed to fit my needs, but it just choked and froze everytime it started to search the folders.

It seems like this would be a common task for WHS users, any ideas?

Hi, awraynor

I've tried the Aiseesoft, the same trouble as you met. I've spend time searching a good enough one. Later, I tried the brorsoft video convter for mac, it works well. There's no any problem. And the converter comes with the presets for ATV that saves my effort to do the video/audio parameter settings any more.

I tried a few, but none worked well, except Prism Video Converter, but it had limited presets.

Ultimately I used the appropriately named "Video "Converter" from the Mac App Store. It did not

Have recursive searching, but with drag and drop queuing it never choked on a list of dozens of videos

And the output quality was good. I am loving my jailbroken Apple TV 2 and trying out a refurbished

Logitech Revue that I bought for $72.

I tried a few, but none worked well, except Prism Video Converter, but it had limited presets.

Ultimately I used the appropriately named "Video "Converter" from the Mac App Store. It did not

Have recursive searching, but with drag and drop queuing it never choked on a list of dozens of videos

And the output quality was good. I am loving my jailbroken Apple TV 2 and trying out a refurbished

Logitech Revue that I bought for $72.