RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

where are my back-ups going for client computers?

dominicandave

dominicandave

i went through the process of setting up a couple of our home computers for back-up on my WHS2011 server but nowhere did it ask me where did I want the bac-ups to be placed. It just asked me the time to have the system make the back-up and which computer. I bought a 2nd internal hard drive for the purpose of putting the client computer backups on it but it didn't ask where?

That's correct. It puts the backups in a Client Computer Backups folder inside the ServerFolders directory. Remote into your WHS and use Windows Explorer to locate the drive where ServerFolders is located.

But, continuing on from ikon's post, don't use the Windows Explorer in the Remote Desktop to move your folder around. Please use your Dashboard and move the Client Computer Backups to your desired drive from there.

Otherwise there will be tears before bedtime...

But, continuing on from ikon's post, don't use the Windows Explorer in the Remote Desktop to move your folder around. Please use your Dashboard and move the Client Computer Backups to your desired drive from there.

Otherwise there will be tears before bedtime...

Thanks for that. Good point.

dominicandave

ok thanks i see it now. only thru dashboard see that also. great. i assume the wizard will let me move the folders to another internal hard drive in the computer? correct?

ok thanks i see it now. only thru dashboard see that also. great. i assume the wizard will let me move the folders to another internal hard drive in the computer? correct?

Yes. In DashBoard, click on Server Folders and Hard Drives, then click on Client Computer Backups in the list. On the right you will find a Move the folder icon.