RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

25 TB's of Goodness

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Not sure. I guess the only thing you could do is try; see what they say.

Well that response was a let down. Usually you have a lot more to say than that. ;)

Here is a photo with the mamoth case it is going in. It has 10 internal 3.5" bays and five 5.25" bays. The drives already in the case are for the OS and VM's. This will be a monster soon.

2012-05-20T16-01-39.jpg?psid=1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• pcdoc

• ikon

• timekills

I would be careful with those drives in that white styrofoam. That stuff holds a static charge. The drives were protected while they were in the metal foil lined ESD bags but now they don't have that protection.

I like to live on the edge. Okay, not really, I just didn't even think about it. Too bad I didn't keep my icydock hard drive holder.

Of course the drive that was making the noise is no longer making the noise. I would prefer it die so I can get it replaced now.

Well that response was a let down. Usually you have a lot more to say than that. ;)

Here is a photo with the mamoth case it is going in. It has 10 internal 3.5" bays and five 5.25" bays. The drives already in the case are for the OS and VM's. This will be a monster soon.

2012-05-20T16-01-39.jpg?psid=1

This looks really cool, you forgot the neon lights and LED's though, CSKenny beat me to it as I was going to comment on the Styrofoam as well. Good luck with this monster.

FWIW, the RocketRAID cards can take longer to boot if you have an onboard RAID controller and it is not disabled. If you are not booting off of your RocketRAID card, I recommend going into its BIOS settings and disabling its ability to boot (I am in the middle of an extended Army network systems test so not near my home server, but it's a relatively simple process we've discussed in the forums previously.)

FWIW, the RocketRAID cards can take longer to boot if you have an onboard RAID controller and it is not disabled. If you are not booting off of your RocketRAID card, I recommend going into its BIOS settings and disabling its ability to boot (I am in the middle of an extended Army network systems test so not near my home server, but it's a relatively simple process we've discussed in the forums previously.)

I will look into that. Thanks.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on disabling the boot ability on the rocketraid card.

I had planned to use CrashPlan to back up from my WHS v1 to my s2008r2. Unfortunately the files are not copied over where you can access them on s2008r2. So, I need a new tool. It has been a while since I tried Alwaysync. Anyone know if I have to install it on WHS or s2008r2. I would just be copying the share folders over so I think my preference would be to install Alwaysync on s2008r2.

I use AllwaySync to copy my video (TV & Movie) files over from the WHS to a 2008R2 box and then stream from the 2008R2. No issues as long as you map the drive to WHS from 2008 and have the right permissions. Works like a charm.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on disabling the boot ability on the rocketraid card.

I had planned to use CrashPlan to back up from my WHS v1 to my s2008r2. Unfortunately the files are not copied over where you can access them on s2008r2. So, I need a new tool. It has been a while since I tried Alwaysync. Anyone know if I have to install it on WHS or s2008r2. I would just be copying the share folders over so I think my preference would be to install Alwaysync on s2008r2.

Yes, it works great. Have been using for more than a year and it runs everyday. Just used it last week to restore all my data when I rebuilt my server.