RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ceton Beta Tester

Cool, I'm in too. (user name in the forums will be 'alexb') I registered for both Android and iOS but they chose me to be an iOS tester. (my wife has an iPhone, I have an Android phone)

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• Greg Welch

• ikon

• vinylfreak

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Anyone using the ceton companion app and have it working? I can't get it to work. I had to manually set up the port forwarding so the test works now and the diagnostic indicates everything is running. For some reason, on my iphone, when I select Wi-Fi Scan it tells me know PC's are found and if I select Manually Add, when I am typing, my typing doesn't appear in the fields so I can't manually create one. :(

• 3 weeks later...
ImTheTypeOfGuy

Anyone using the compaion app?

I have it on my pOS and it sometimes quits working because the external IP changes. How do I keep it from changing?

Anyone using the compaion app?

I have it on my pOS and it sometimes quits working because the external IP changes. How do I keep it from changing?

Give it a static IP instead of having it use DHCP? I really have no idea since I've never even seen one, and can't use them in Canada anyway.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

You need to read about their companion app to understand what is required. The basic premise is there is a service on the HTPC that is running and it tells you the external IP so you can add that IP to the app on your phone so you can manage your HTPC remotely.